Puppy classes are designed for puppies aged 7-14 weeks. Puppies must have their first set of vaccinations to enroll in class. We follow the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB) standard of care guidelines stating that puppies should obtain the benefits of early socialization even if they aren’t fully vaccinated.
There are six classes which run continuously (rolling enrollment); owners can start any week. For example, a client might begin on week 3, and would continue for six consecutive weeks in order to complete all classes. This is offered so that socialization and training are not delayed during this critical developmental period.
This is a six-week rolling class. Join anytime and participate in six consecutive classes. Class topics include:
- Complete socialization program for use in and out of the classroom.
- Groomer and veterinarian visit “practice”, to make visits fun instead of scary. Emphasis on specific touch, brushing, nail trimming and tooth brushing techniques.
- Dog behavior- learn to read your dog’s body language and communicate with him in language he understands.
- How to manage puppy challenges including house training, crate training, mouthing/chewing and destruction.
- Age appropriate obedience games to elicit polite behaviors such as sit, down and stand, obtaining focus and “follow me”skills and introduction to walking politely on leash.
- Weekly behavioral topics to prevent typical dog behavior problems including separation anxiety, resource guarding, jumping, and fearful behaviors.
A focus on science-based, positive methods